Frequently Asked Questions
- How far are you from the airport?We are located very close to the airport; it is only about 2 miles away.
- What does the resort fee cover?The Resort Fee is standard for all reservations and includes: Daily access to the on-site waterpark, pool towels, free local and long distance calls, copies, faxes, in-room coffee, and in-room safes.
- What restaurants are you near?We offer multiple on-site dining options. Learn more here. If you are looking to go out for a meal or two, we are located next to Damon's Grill and we are a very short drive from The Market Common which includes a variety of restaurants like Gordon Biersch and Travinia Italian Kitchen.
- My question is not answered here.We are sorry your question was not listed here. Please call us at (800) 291-6598 or fill out our contact form and we will answer any further questions you may have.
- Is there a grocery store near Crown Reef?Yes, we are just a short drive from a Food Lion.
- Are you close to the Boardwalk?We are a very short drive from the Boardwalk. We are only a little over 2 miles from the south end of the Boardwalk and about 3.5 miles from the SkyWheel.
- How much is parking at your resort?Each reservation may purchase one parking pass per unit if booked in a standard room/efficiency or two per suite. A $10/night charge per vehicle for overnight parking will be charged at check-in. There is a $15 charge for trailer parking.
- I’m looking at hosting a large event or banquet at your resort. Who can I talk to?We have a large amount of meeting space at our resort and we welcome your inquiry! Please click here to fill out a RFP for groups, meetings or weddings.
- What is the VMB Card and how do I get one?The VMB Card is the Vacation Member Benefits Card. This valuable discounts card is something that we offer our guests at check-in for no charge on the back of your room key. Just click here to view all of the great places you can get discounts at!
- What happens if I get to the resort earlier than the check-in time?If your family arrives prior to our 4 p.m. check-in time, you are more than welcome to enjoy all of our amenities until your room is ready. Just stop on by our front desk and pre-register with us. When you pre-register you can purchase your parking pass and get your pool passes.
- What is your minimum check-in age?21 years old for the main building accommodations; 25 for the beach home.
- What time is check-in at Crown Reef?Check-in is at 4 p.m.
- Does the resort provide a wedding coordinator?We do not provide a wedding coordinator but we do offer a catering director and on site sales rep.
- Does the resort allow pets?No pets allowed on property.
- Do you have a business center?Our business center with computers and a printer is located on Lobby Level of Tower Two at our At Your Service Desk, next to our Gift Shop. Hours may vary, see the front desk for details.
- Are there laundry facilities at the hotel?Yes, we have self-service, coin-operated laundry facilities. Our Tower 2 Laundry room is located next to the fitness center. We also have a laundry room in Tower 1, which is open 24-hours.
- Are outside food and beverages allowed on the pool deck?You can bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks on the pool deck, just no glass. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased on-site.
- What time are your pools open?
Mid-fall through mid-spring: Our Waterpark will be enclosed and will be open Monday – Thursday 12 p.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Mid-spring through mid-fall: Our Waterpark will be open everyday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Our additional pools & hot tubs are always open 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Hours and dates are subject to change; waterpark hours and enclosure is based on weather.
- What months of the year are your pools open?Our waterpark is open year-round and is enclosed during the cooler months. All of our indoor water amenities and outdoor water amenities also stay open throughout the year.
- Are the pools heated?All of our pools, including our indoor pool facility and year-round waterpark, which is seasonally enclosed, are heated throughout the year.
- Is there breakfast at Crown Reef?We offer breakfast year round, and the buffet is based on occupancy at our Town Center. If there is no buffet we offer menu order and express breakfast. Breakfast is not included but can be added to your reservation for an extra charge.
- Can I rent a beach chair or umbrella from the resort?These can be rented out seasonally from the lifeguard company that operates in front of Crown Reef Resort.
- Do you provide towels for the pool?Yes, we do.
- Are there lifeguards at the pools?We do not have lifeguards at our pool area.
- Do you have hot tubs on the grounds?Yes, all hot tubs are located on the Ground Level.
- Where can I find specials and deals?Visit our special offers page to see our current deals!
- What is the Crown Reef Vacation Interruption Protection (VIP) Plan?Add Crown Reef's Vacation Interruption Protection (VIP) Plan to your main-building reservation in order to protect your vacation investment for only $30 +tax. The VIP Plan can be purchased at the time of booking or within 24 hours of booking, and will offer you the following great benefits to give you complete peace of mind before and during your hard earned vacation:
- Cancel any time before 4 PM on your check in day and your deposit will be refunded in full
- Make changes to your reservation as you need *
- In the unfortunate event that your stay is cut short, you will receive a refund for the remaining portion of your stay*
- The reservation deposit is non-refundable
- Any changes made to the reservation, prior to arrival, will incur a $20 fee per change; changes include, but are not limited to date changes and room type changes*
- No refund for early departures
VIP Plan is not available for beach house rentals.
- Will there be a deposit due when I arrive?If you have booked accommodations in the main building and if you arrive with a $0 balance or pay any portion of your stay in cash you will be required to pay a $100 refundable security deposit. Please contact us for Beach House policies.
- What forms of payment do you take?Your remaining balance is due upon check in and can be paid via major credit card*, cash, debit card, pre-paid card or traveler’s check. Credit, debit and/or pre-paid cards must have a VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo. We are unable to accept checks, money orders or foreign currencies. *A 2.5% convenience fee will be added at check in for credit card payments, however this fee is waived for debit/pre-paid card payments. If you arrive with a $0 balance or pay any portion of your stay in cash you will be required to pay a $100 refundable security deposit.
- I’m thinking about wait to book until it gets closer to my travel dates; can this save me money?Most of the time, the opposite will happen. As stay dates approach and demand increase, rates often go up, not down. It’s best to book early!
- Can I add another night to my reservation?We can check and see if an additional night is available. Please call us with your request.
- I’m trying to search for dates on your booking calendar but I’m not getting any results.Chances are, the dates you are searching are either all booked or have a minimum night stay. Please give us a call and we can determine what the cause is and assist you with your reservation. If you cannot stay the minimum nights required or if we are full, please visit Vacation Myrtle Beach, to find other great resorts that may be able to accommodate your travel dates.
- Can I choose which floor my room will be on?We do take requests for floors and towers, however we cannot guarantee them. Please call us to put in your request.
- When can I see prices for next year?These rates will be posted near the end of this year.
- How much money do I owe when I make my reservation?When you make your reservation for the main building, whether it be online or on the phone, the first nights room and tax as well as any additional services for the first night of your stay will be charged to your credit card to guarantee your reservation. The rest is due when you arrive. However, if you are booking one of the beach homes, different policies apply. Please contact us for more information.
- Do you have roll-away beds or cots?Sorry, we do not.
- How many people can stay in one of your rooms?Maximum occupancy varies based on room type from 4 people up to 8. Click here to view room types and occupancy.
- Do you have any smoking rooms?We no longer have smoking units. Smoking is not allowed on the balconies but is allowed in designated areas on the property.
- What comes in the kitchen of your suites?Our kitchen suites come with basic cooking and dining supplies such as a frying pan, large pot and place settings.
- Do you offer in-room safes?Yes, we do.
- Do you provide cribs?We do not have cribs but we offer pack and plays on a first come first serve basis.
- Do you have rooms with pullout sofas?We do offer a king efficiency room with a pullout, and our suite rooms all have pullout sofas.
- Do all of the rooms face the ocean?Yes, all of our rooms face the ocean and we have many oceanfront accommodation options; select room types may feature a limited view, such as the Slide View units. Our beach houses are ocean view.
- Are there lifeguards at the beach?The beach is equipped seasonally with beach guards from Lack's Beach Service.
- Are beach weddings available?Beach weddings are not available in Horry County, but we do offer our Oceanfront Gazebo for wedding ceremonies.
- What is the weather like in Myrtle Beach?Check out our weather page here!
testimonialswhat our guests say
"The pool and water park was AWESOME! We couldn't get enough....Kudo's to Crown Reef for offering such a family friendly environment!"Angelia C.
"Water park for kids was amazing!"Shakema T.
"We enjoyed our stay, very friendly, great room service, lots of fun at the pools and waterslides, great family environment!"TJ P.
"Crown Reef Resort was the best family vacation experience!"Pablo B.
"By far best resort ever!"Nelly C.
"We have stayed at the Crown Reef Resort for the last 3 years. Love this place!"Kay R.
"The price was affordable, staff was very friendly, suite was nice and clean, the view was great!"Campkelly7
"This hotel made sure we were very well taken care of! Thank you Crown Reef for the super friendly staff, the clean hotel, and the memories we made with our soldier! Our kids had a blast!!"Brandy B.
"This place is awesome for kids and adults!"Elizabeth T.
"Vacation was a blast!"Lynda R.